Japanese Translation Services
Translate Word or Phrase:
Need a simple word or phrase translated? Enter it below and choose the languages you need it translated from and into, then press the "translate" button!
Additional Japanese pages: Japanese to English Translation, English to Japanese Translation, Japanese to English Translator, English to Japanese Translator, Translate Japanese to English, Translate English to Japanese, Translate Japanese, Japanese Translator.
Translation Cloud offers professional Japanese translation services to over 100 Japanese language pairs. In fact, Translation Cloud is the only agency in the market which can fully translate Japanese to literally any language in the world!
Our Japanese translation team consists of many expert and experienced translators. Each translator specializes in a different field such as legal, financial, medical, and more.
Get a translation now
in 3 easy steps — click here
Whether your Japanese translation need is large or small, Translation Cloud is always there to assist you with your translation needs. Our translation team has many experienced document translators who specialize in translating different types of documents including birth and death certificates, marriage certificates, divorce decrees, diplomas, transcripts, and any other Japanese document you may need translated.
We have excellent Japanese software engineers and quality assurance editors who can localize any software product or website. We can professionally translate any Japanese website, no matter if it is a static HTML website or an advanced Java/PHP/Perl driven website. In the age of globalization, you should definitely consider localizing your website into the Japanese language! It is a highly cost-effective investment and an easy way to expand your business!
We also offer services for Japanese interpretation, voice-overs, transcriptions, and multilingual search engine optimization. No matter what your Japanese translation needs are, Translation Cloud can provide for them.
Japanese Language Facts:
- Japanese is not directly related to any other language (family).
- Despite the complexity, Japan boasts an adult literacy level of 99%.
- Unlike other Asian languages Japanese is not tonal… pronunciation is a lot easier to master, that way.
- Even though Japanese is only spoken in Japan as first language, there is a good number of dialects with considerable variation.
Some characteristics of the Japanese language
- Japanese uses 4 distinct systems of writing: kanji, hiragana, katakana and romanji.
- Hiragana is syllabic and the most original writing system in Japan. It is used for simple words, conjugations, particles and children’s literature as it is the first set of writing which is taught.
- Katakana is used to write foreign words.
- Kanji is based on the Chinese writing system and consists of about 2000 signs. Kanji was imported from Chinese in the 6th century AD. It has developed strongly ever since, often simplifying the original letters.
- Recently, romanji – a romanization of Japanese words – has developed, too.
- Formal / informal address — Japanese uses 4 different ways of addressing people: kun, chan, san and sama. Kun is somewhat condescending, chan is used for intimates and children, san is the universal mode and sama is deferential. However, getting hierarchies and politeness levels right is difficult and you need a lot of additional information (context) about your conversational partner and some insights into the working of Japanese language and culture.
- Gender — Vocabulary can vary according to gender of the speaking person: women use other vocabulary than men
- There is no distinction between singular and plural. Gender, too, is not indicated grammatically. There are no relative pronouns.
- Word order — Verbs are usually placed at the end of a sentence.
- Most Japanese words end in vowels, which determines the structure and rhythm of Japanese language. Usually, all syllables carry equal stress.
Japanese Translation Articles